Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Tobi and a layout sketch

Happy Thursday!
Is it just me or are the days flying by??? I can' t believe that it is already Thursday!!

I finally finished a layout to be entered in a challenge over at  Let's Capture Our Memories, sketch #41. It is an interesting sketch:
Pretty cool, huh?
I knew, I just KNEW how I wanted to use this sketch. My daughter, who's 3, has an insane crazy imagination, and can talk and talk and talk about pretty much anything. lol. Seriously. I never know what she is going to say next.
So, this layout is about her, and her sayings.

A couple of close-ups of her sayings!




So, that's her...my little girl! Pretty simple layout.
I used Echo Park's 'Sweet Day' papers, speech bubbles from stash, arrows are from UmWow Studio covered in washi tape, various letter stickers from Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey and Kelly Purkey . 'OH' rub ons are from Basic Grey. The title speech bubble is from MME

If you get a chance to play along on LCOM, you definitely should!

Now yesterday, Wednesday, was a happy mail day for me! One of the packages I received included my stamp and catalog from Some Odd Girl head girl, Kristy. I was very exited to start stamping with this new 'toy'! The challenge this week over at Some Odd World was to use chipboard. Now this is something I have quite a bit of, and actually have trouble incorporating chipboard into my work. So, I put on my thinking cap, and tried something new.
I took a chipboard speech bubble from Cosmo Cricket 'Happy Camper', embossed the sentiment from the stamp set with white embossing powder, and Voila! mes amies!
Now the stamping did not come out as clear I had hoped. But it seems from far, it's more eligible. Like a Van Gogh, I guess. Up close, it's a big old mess, but from far, it's beauty. Well...I don't know about the beauty part, but I kinda like it. Still have to work on it.
Toby an his pal are colored with a variety of Derwent pencils and Distress markers; the paper is from MME 'Boy Crazy', chipboard is from Cosmo Cricket, clear embossing pad is from Ranger and white embossing powder is from American Crafts.


So, there's my first attempt of embossing sentiments. Never tried it before. I guess I have to experiment with various inks, too, because some bleed easier than others. Live and learn, I guess. :)




So, that's it for today.

Be safe. Get crafty.



post signature

2 comments:

Ashley H said...

Love your idea for the sketch. Her sayings are so cute and will be fun to look back on! Thanks for linking up with LCOM:)

Emily Leiphart said...

Your daughter is adorable and I love that you created a layout to remember all the fun things she says!