Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

Friday with some flair


Happy Friday!
How was your week? Mine definitely could have been better, but I guess that's life.

Today is Friday..so over on the Unity blog, it's Friends with Flair. If you haven't checked it out before, definitely should---great creative people over there. And the sales. Which to be honest, I have been avoiding because....well. Just because. sigh!

It's October, which also is the Breast Cancer Awareness month. Cancer. That's a word that I wish wasn't in our vocabulary. It's a curse word. It has affected me more times than I like to count. Family and friends. Another one of my close friends has been diagnosed this week with that dreaded word. And I feel so helpless. What can I do to help her, besides just being there for her? Makes me feel so .....useless.....powerless.

Anyways. Here's my card for this week's FWF. It's very fitting, I think, for my past week. I made it for her, and will pop it in the mail today, as she is unfortunately far from me.
I used Distress cardstock, Copics, Derwent pencils, TH tickets, Unity stamp, Distress inks.

I am also linking this up to the following challenges :
Simon Say stamp Wednesday challenge: Use a rubber/clear stamp
Five Simple Things: Inspire me Friday-Anything goes

That's it for me.

Be safe. Get crafty

post signature

21 comments:

Rachel said...

such a beautiful card... your friend will appreciate it so much. i hope she can fight through this and feels better soon. unfortunately my family has also just been cursed with the C word this week... it is such a terrible thing

Crystal said...

This is a beautiful card and she will LOVE getting it and hearing encouraging words from you! I myself have been struggling with skin cancer and complications/infections from it's removal all month long. I have been more down/discouraged/depressed than ever before and all I want is encouraging words from my friends. So many of my friends don't know what to say and so they say nothing at all which hurts worse. Encouraging cards are the BEST and Unity has some of the best sentiments to choose from. FUCK CANCER!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is wonderful! Sure to encourage. My mom is currently fighting her own battle with cancer. It's important to be there and lift them up when they can't lift themselves... your card is sure to do that for her. :) Hugs. And thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Gwen said...

This is a great card for your friend and is sure to encourage her. You are thoughtful to make it and send it to her!

Emily H said...

Such a sweet card! I love the pink hair.

Ruby said...

This is a very nice card. Your friend will LOVE it. Yes, be there for her anytime. It is really a tough road. I have been there and am a 6 year survivor now. My friends came at first and then just stopped phoning and coming over. In short don't do this. We need our friends after too. It is difficult to find life again after a cancer fight. That is tough too so your friendship through thick and thin is so important.

Jen M said...

That is a lovely card and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it so much.

Lucy E. said...

Your card is lovely, Laura. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I know of several co-workers who had breast cancer, and so far, they are all survivors! We tried to send a card every week or so from all of us at work. Just to know someone was thinking of them helped a lot.

Donna Mack said...

Fabulous card, Laura! I think this a wonderful way to show support for your friend. She will love the card and treasure it!! Just getting a homemade card, she will know that she is in your heart and on your mind. Sometimes that helps so much!!

Angeline Choo said...

This card is gorgeous. I hope your friend gets better soon

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Just sending your thoughtful card will cheer your friend for sure Laura!Letting her know constantly that she is not alone will help her too!

Cheri said...

Beautiful coloring, and I'm sure this will cheer someone up!

Waving My Wand said...

I love this! It would be cool to write a different womans name on each tshirt to represent the women in her life that was a support system.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is quite the inspiration... sending good vibes!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card! So sorry to hear about your friend!

Tameko said...

Lovely card design. I am sure your friend will appreciate this.

JPScraps said...

The card is lovely. So sorry to hear about your friend.

Scrapper Myra said...

Keep supporting. Thats what you can do. Nice card.

Beejay said...

Love the card! It will be great encouragement for anyone!

Miwa said...

Beautiful card - it's a good way to show your support for your friend.

Miwa said...

Beautiful card - it's a good way to show your support for your friend.