Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Baby Shower card with Mae

Happy Tuesday!
How was your weekend?? For us Canadians, it was a holiday weekend, our Thanksgiving. We were busy the whole weekend, except for yesterday, which was our 'slacking' day. Saturday was spent going into Montreal (and getting stuck in traffic for a total of 4!!!!!!! hours ) Not impressed. We were so relieved to be home. I did get to stop into Michael's on the way down and got me some Gelatos!!! Yippee! With my 40% off coupon, the kit cost me around 20 bucks! WOOT!

I had a chance to play with them a bit yesterday. I decided to make a card for my niece's upcoming baby shower, with a SOG digital stamp, Momma Mae. Mental note: Must start on the decorations for baby shower. It's 2 weeks away. Ack!

I wanted to make a baby shower card, but I did not want to go 'cutesy', because that's not her style.  I am not sure what you would call her style..not exactly 'goth' but kinda dark. but I did know that I wanted to use this stamp. So.....I experimented.
I colored her with my Prismacolors. I used Echo Park washi tape (love that one!) and I used my Gelatos to create an ombre effect in the background. I had originally colored the gal with more 'feminine' colors, but I felt like it wasn't Andrea (my niece). I colored her hair various dark colors. The chipboard gears are Cosmo Cricket 'Cogsmo', blotted with Distress paints and stains. the 'welcome little one' is from Jillibean Soup. I am somewhat content with the card. I wish the camera was working properly. I really do need to read that manual!

Here's the first take on the card:
It is a little brighter, but I messed up on the face, with my Derwent watercolor pencils!! Grr... I need to get better watercolor paper, one that actually goes through my printer, and does not jam.

I am entering this card in the challenge over on the Some Odd Girl monthly challenge.

That's it for me.

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature


4 comments:

Suzanne Bier said...

Love that you shared the different versions of your card and the details of your experiments! I've never played with gelatos, but they look like fun! Thanks for going ombre with us at Some Odd Girl this month!

Emily Leiphart said...

Really beautiful, Laura! You created a wonderful background with the gelatos and the image is darling!

Isha Gupta said...

You have created a beautiful background using Gelatos.I love them too :) Your background is perfect Ombre. GORGEOUS. Thanks for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl.

Katie said...

Oooh, I love both versions Laura! That ombre background is so cool- I'm totally intrigued by Gelato's and love seeing what awesome things people do with them :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!