Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Baby Book---picture heavy

Happy Tuesday folks!
I hope your day is going well.
Today I am happy to report that I have finished my project that I have been working on for the past 2 weeks. My niece's baby shower is this coming Sunday, and I had wanted to get her a special gift. I did not know what. But I knew I wanted to give a special, PERSONAL gift for her baby. After much pondering, and researching on Pinterest and personal blogs, I was suddenly hit with inspiration....hit with a sledgehammer! I was looking through Graphic 45 blog , which led me to one of their designers, Anne. her work is OUTSTANDING! When I saw this project, I knew, I KNEW this was what I wanted to make!
So, I ordered the G45 Mother Goose 8x8 paper pad, 2 of them, along with some other matching embellies .I had already bought  the chipboard album at Michael's, had my glue ready, and away I go!
(Then I had a moment--OMG! I never made one like this before--you can count on one hand how many minis I've made----never made a mini album as a gift before--Could I do this??)EEK!
2 weeks later, give or take a few days, I am happy, and relieved, to say that this baby book is finished. I used the majority of the 2 paper pads, along with most of the chipboard embellies. I also added a few other touched from other companies in the mix, but the album is around 95% G45. Holy Guacamole! lol
Without further adieu, I present my gift to my niece. Note: Photo heavy!
Front cover

Dedication

Before the big arrival
born

first picture

all about me

baby boy
Milestones..1

Milestones..2

First handprint

My family

First bath

Smile

Getting bigger record

Playtime

sleeping baby (sorry about the blurry pic--don't know why!)

Special notes

First tooth, lock of hair

Back cover

So there you have it. My niece's baby book. I hope she enjoys it for her baby. I must say, I have the utmost respect for those crafters who make minis all the time. I did enjoy doing this, but I don't think I can do this all the time. Not for me. lol I like bigger albums.

Some other supplies I used beside G45 (which I am now a HUGE fan!): Making memoreis Slice with little one design card; TH Distress Stains; MME letter sticker; BG letter stickers;  MM letter stickers; EP 'Boy's Life' element stickers ; BG and FP rub ons; EK Success 3D sticker (bathtub); various metal charms from my own stash; AC stamps and Thickers; Ranger Distress Stickles (orange--on Peter Pumpkin's wife's pumpkin shell), Ranger Glossy Accents (Thank goodness for this)

I am entering this baby book into the following challenges:

All that Stickles Linky Party Distress Stickles
Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge Blog--anything goes

That's it for me--I'm exhausted! Crafting is hard work! lol
Have a great day!

Be safe. Get crafty!

post signature

3 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Congrats! Congrats! What a wonderful story of crafty triumph! I was cheering right along with you as I read your write-up and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's doubted herself even as my materials are collected and my glue gun's in hand! But wow- you really nailed it and your niece and her baby are pretty much the luckiest people ever to receive such a stunning and personal gift. Great work and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Cathie w said...

Congrats on your first mini...
thanks for playing along at
ALL THAT STICKLES!!!!

Cathie ~ATS DT

Laura said...

What a great mini... love it!!
thanks for joining us for the linky party at All That Stickles..
Laura DT