Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

A kiss to make it better

Yay! It's Friday!

Cold where you are?? For us, yeppers! Had snow falling yesterday. Beautiful, but wow---was it ever cold!

I created a card for a friend from our church group. She was recently admitted back into the hospital for a blood clot, among other things. She waited over 15 hours in the waiting room! 15 hours!!! I would've been snapping, but Dorothy stayed in good spirits. That's her. Always, ALWAYS staying positive. She's such a sweet lady.

So, made her this card, and will pop it in the mail today. I think she'll like it. I colored Emma to look more like my DD, April...dark hair, with PINK/PURPLE shoes (my DD's fave colors!), whom Dorothy loves.  lol.

I colored this adorable Unity stamp with my Derwent pencils, and the papers are from My Mind's Eye 'the Sweetest Thing' (LOVE those papers!), the enamel dots are from Teresa Collins.

I am entering this card into the Unity Friends with Flair challenge.

That's it for me for now.

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

18 comments:

Julie Odil said...

What a wonderful card for a very special lady. Blood clots -- no fun at all! Now she has at least 6 months of Coumadin and blood draws and bruising easily. I wish her a quick recovery and will add her to my prayer list (where you already are, my scrappy friend).

Ruby said...

My heart goes out to you and your friend. You need to support her as much as you can. She will love this beautiful card.

Kris said...

Perfect image to convey your feelings. Love this card.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful card and the perfect image for your friends.
Cindy F.

Beejay said...

Love PH stamps too!

JPScraps said...

The card is so sweet. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Sue D said...

Very sweet card for your friend.

Rachel said...

beautiful card your friend will love it. i hope she is doing well.
it's cold for us but no snow yet like you! thank goodness!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Laura. Love the Phyllis Harris images! I'm sure your friend will enjoy it as well.

Angeline Choo said...

That's so sweet of you. I'm sure your friend Dorothy would love this card!

Emily Keaton said...

How terribly darling! I"m sure this will brighten Dorothy's day!!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

What a sweet card for a sweet friend. Love those Phyllis Harris images.

Kary said...

Such a sweet card for your friend Dorothy!! I LOVE this image, and you did such a great job, Laura. Keep warm!!

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

What a wonderful card for your friend. I love the soft coloring on your stamped image. And the enamel dots are a perfect finishing touch.

Scrapper Myra said...

She will love it. Great sweet card.

Tracy said...

Totally adoreable..love it Laura!!!
Eek snow...sorry you can keep it we had sooo much at the start of the year, lol.
xxxxxx

Lindy said...

This is adorable! What a great way to bless your friend!

Miwa said...

Such a sweet and thoughtful card - I'm sure she'll love it! Hope she feels better soon, too... that doesn't sound like fun at all!