Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Snugglebug....with a zombie?

Happy Thursday!
Can you believe that it is already October 3rd??? What the???

Anyways, I have a layout and a card to show you today!

First the layout. I based it kinda loosely on a sketch over on the Scrapbooker's Paradise sketch, PPSC#5.
The sketch:
My take:

 I used MME paper (background) and Teresa Collins 'Family' for the rest of the layout. The letters are a mixture of Echo Park Designs. The flowers are from who knows where, and the brads are from Bazzill. That little ticket is from MM.

I kept it pretty simple!

My next project is something completely new to me. A digi. I finally entered the digi world. Yep, I'm a late bloomer...always have been. ;)

I love Some Odd Girl designs..and have some clear stamps, but was/am fascinated by the digis over there. So, yesterday, I took the plunge. I purchased some, and attempted at a card. It wasn't too hard, it was actually kind of fun.....alright! A whole heck of fun! :)
This guys' name is Kody...and he's a zombie. Now, if you were to live in my house, you would know everything you need to know about zombies...seriously! If the apocalypse was to happen, we're covered. My boys are well informed, so well informed that they even have plans drawn up...seriously! lol.
Anyways, with such 'experts' at  my fingertips, I asked them for advice on the skin color of said zombies. A little of this, a little of that. more this, don't forget that, yadda, yadda...get the picture??

Anyways, they were quite pleased with the outcome, and so was I!
Again, MME papers were used. Edged with red WRMK sweetheart inker...to give a little more 'gore', and distressed. The happy birthday tag is from Elle's Studio; twine is from stash, and the balloon is something I found (and snatched! I know --bad momma) in my DD's stickers..
So, this little bad boy is going to get signed and then shipped to my nephew's house, as his birthday is coming up shortly. For some reason, zombies are a great hit among teens...:Z lol

So, that's it for me for today!

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wonderful layout Laura - adorable photos; those moments are so precious. I love how you've blended the two sketch pages and adapted it to suit your needs and style. And I have to say - that zombie is truly gory and awesome!! :) Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise. I hope you'll join in again next month.

Hugs, Dawn

Linda Pekrul said...

Aw, such a great layout! Love the memory you've captured and the bingo cards look perfect tucked in like that. Great addition of the pink flowers for a pop of colour! I, too, would like to thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this month!