Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

Citrine layouts

Happy Thursday folks!

Is it  cold where you are??  For us here in the Laurentians, Quebec, it's pretty darn brisk! Sweater weather is here!! yep! But it's beautiful!

So, this past week has been super crazy busy for me, and I did not get a chance to do any layouts like planned. Heck, I was only able to post a card late last Sunday night..one card the whole weekend. Yeesh!

But today, Thursday (WHAT??!!) I was able to get 2 layouts done. Alleluia! lol

I had been wanting to keep up the sketches over on Scrapbook Steal Blog, part of the mid week mojo, but last week was a no-go. So, even though I am late in posting, I still wanted to get the layout posted onto my blog.

This layout is based on this week's sketch, Citrine Sketch #4:
My take:
I had snapped some pictures of my DD playing with an old friend, Pluto. Pluto has been around for many, many years. I had one, my husband had one, my sons had a similar one and now my daughter has one and she LOVES him. I mean really, REALLY love him! She even takes him for walks, and brings him outside to go to bathroom...yep! seriously! lol

I used many faves of my mine on this layout: My Mind's Eye (the orange dotted paper, journal card and flower),the photos are matted with Teresa Collins Family paper; DCWV (heart paper) with some Distress paint on that paper ; diecuts are from Fancy Pants Designs;  various letter stickers from Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey and Pink Paislee, along with some paw printed washi tape (source unknown)

 The following sketch is from last week, Citrine #3

My take:
I had snapped this picture when we visited my brother and mother in Montreal this past spring.We hadn't spoken in over 5 years, so it was a memorable visit. My boys missed their uncle, and vice versa; and I missed being able to talk to my mother and brother.
Sigh!
Family. Yeesh! lol
Again, on this layout, I used My Mind's Eye papers, Lime Twist. Various journal circles are from Jillibean Soup; flowers die cuts are from Basic Grey, as is also the word sticker and the swirly doo. Various letter stickers are from Jillibean Soup (red) Making Memories (brown corrugated).

So, that's it for me for today.

Wish you a great day!

Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature



No comments: