Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Getting my craft on.

Hi all! It's Saturday---and Boy! Am I ever happy it is Saturday. What a rough week....and it was long. Too long. Like 6 days too long. Ok. Maybe 5. Anyways, it's over. Phew!

So, I haven't had a chance to get crafty these past few days....but I was determined today. Actually last night I made that promise to myself....I had , HAD being the operative word here, wanted to start something last night, but got too involved in the movie we had put on, and then fell asleep. So much for that.

Anyways, here's my first project. It'd for my hubby for Father's Day next week. I just HAD to try out my new stamp from Unity Stamps...the 'Alex' stamp. I renamed the stamp to 'Keith', for my hubby. lol .


I love this stamp! This is what my hubby does---he's quite handy to have around. Now if the stamp had bigger muscles, as my hubby is a very muscular dude...But hey! I'll make do! :)

I used a Bazzill cs base, with wood grain paper from EP This & That charming collection, green washi tape was from Etsy, the star chipboards are from UmWow Studio, colored with Metallic Distress stain, the stamps are Unity, colored with my watercolor pencils. This was super fun to color.

I am entering this card in a few challenges:


JUGS #192--using washi tape on your creations
 Unity card challenge--sketch 04
Simon Say Stamp Challenge--Masculine /Father's Day
Simon Says Stamp and Show--brought to you by the letter 'S' (I have stamp,stripes, stars, silver stain)
Love my tapes--create a masculine themed project
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge blog--anything goes

Onwards!

I created another project for Cocoa Creations #4, found HERE!
This week's theme was 'Forget Feb., June is the month of Love!
That's right! create a project about weddings. Came at the perfect time, as I am still not finished my wedding album...*GASP!* lol

So, there you have it!

Papers are from 7 Gypsies, DCWV, butterflies are from MM paper reverie, edged with Momento yellow ink, heart from FP Lilac house, LOVE die cut is also from MM, doily and doily tape are from the dollar store. The Love quote is from EP Be Mine collection, pearls are BG.

I'm hoping to finish more crafts this weekend, but we'll see. With this weather, it's perfect time to curl on the couch and watch a good movie. We'll see.

Be safe. Get crafting.
Laura

10 comments:

Jenni Calma said...

I love your masculine themed card! Gotta love a handy man! Thanks for playing along at Love My Tapes! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Great card for your guy! Cute I age and I love how you used the washi tape! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

Supposed to say cute image!

Maria Matter said...

love your handyman card Laura, would be perfect for my handyman hubby!
beautiful wedding LO too!

Thanks for stopping by my Inspire Me Fridays party - feel free to enter any of your creative posts, past or present! We're all about sharing inspiration!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card! Love the handy man stamp! Really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

cheiron said...

This is a great image..perfect manly card. Thanks for playing along with us in the Masculine/Father's Day challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Ceal said...

Great Masculine card! love the image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps, hope to see you again soon!

Nancy said...

What a great masculine card Laura! I have a handy hubby too! Love the added washi in the corner...makes for great balance! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done! Love that striped washi. Great guy card :) Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Dangina Martinez said...

To cool.. Thank you for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We do hope to see you return and We wish you much Luck.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina & DT