Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Monday with a layout

Hi folks!

How was your weekend?? Is it just me, or does the weekend just zoom on by?? Yeesh!

So, I did a layout this morning. I started to clean my craft room, and sort of got sidetrack...oops! hehe!

I decide to participate in a challenge over at Scrapbooker's Paradise, found here. I haven't played with them for a while...decided to give it a go.


I used a variety of my faves here: 2 of my fave companies, October afternoon and Basic Grey; a little washi, some corrugated letters, a few brads, and some stamps from Unity, along with a chipboard arrow from Umwow Studio. I also used my Distress Paints...I swooshed them across the page...I wasn't sure where I was going with this. I followed a sketch pretty much, but was still stumped. Go figure! lol

So, that's it for me for today.

I am also entering this layout into the following:
Crop Chocolate's Cocoa Creations #6-favourites
Anything but a card challenge #22: Get messy

Have a great day! Stay cool, be safe.

Get crafty.

Laura

8 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Thanks for Playing in Paradise
with us. We have missed you. I love the artsy feeling the strips of blue give this piece.

Dawn said...

A beautiful take on our sketch! Wonderful details; I love the splash of colour the paint adds. Thanks for Playing in Paradise :)

Hugs, Dawn

Mrs Beez said...

What a beautiful summery layout. Your design makes me want to jump right in that pool. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.x

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Laura! This is such a fun layout!

Just wanted to let you know that you should check out my blog post for today {wink}. You'll find it at:

http://mylittlesliceofbliss.blogspot.com/2013/06/birthday-tag-winner.html

Cindy C. said...

What a fun layout! I especially like what you did in the background, and the use of that arrow!

Denise Price said...

Beautiful painting, and I also love the shabby chic flowers clustered in the corner.

Linda Pekrul said...

This is an incredible interpretation of the sketch! Love what you did with the paint and the tape! Fabulous!!

Nicole said...

Love your use of Distress Paints! Thanks for the kind words on my blog this weekend. I had lots of fun checking out yours today :)