Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

December Daily 2013 cover

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American peeps out there! Hope you are all safe and sound, and happy!

I finally did it! I finally started my cover for my December Daily album. I had a inclination to start one, but have been putting it off for some time now. Last night was the night that I just started my cover.
I covered my album, a Simple Stories 6x8 (I believe) mix n' match album, with white cardstock stamped with a stamp that I got on liquidation at Michael's last Christmas. The price tag was $4.99!!!!!! For a Tim Holtz retro Santa stamp! Wood mounted! And it's huge!! Never used it until now. Stamped the image with Hero Arts Shadow Ink, grey, and colored the image with my Distress markers, and used my water brush. I heat embossed the white (American Crafts ZING!) on my Santa, to add a little texture...that was a little trial and error! The '2013' is American Crafts Thickers. The border is Doodlebug washi tape, and on the spine are two border strips from Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage collection, held down with lots of Mod Podge! I then wanted a little 'vintage' look, so I took my foam pad and Distress Ink Walnut Stain, and just touched here and there.

I am pretty excited to start my December Daily album...my first one. Still not sure of how I am going to proceed, but I think I'm just going to go with the flow! :)

I am entering this project into the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

Thanks for looking!

Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

2 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute..like the vintage look...

Unknown said...

This is so cute. Love the coloring.