Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...big and small!

HELLO!!!

Wanna know a secret?? It's December 5---20 days until Christmas! Can you believe it? This year has flown by---literally! I had no idea how it happened except that perhaps I blinked! ;)

I'm looking out my window, and I am seeing the wind blowing the snow---YEP! SNOW! Yesterday, we had rain and extremely mild temps, and today, the temps have dropped and we have snow...again!

I had a good laugh this morning...around 6:30 a.m. which is pretty early to start laughing. But it's a great way to start the day! :)

I have 3 kids---2 teenage twin boys who are 14, and a little princess who's going to be 3 in January. So, my life is never dull...definitely not!

My boys get along pretty well...always have, for which I am grateful and fortunate. And are similar, yet complete opposites at the same time. Robert is my 'comeback' kid. he speaks is mind, tells the truth, says how he sees it. Other people besides the family or close friends may think he's a smart ass...he's not really, he's just being himself...lol. Raymond is my protector of the family, and quick for a laugh. He's also my giant---he's almost 6 feet tall! They are great boys--OK--I may seem biased because they're mine, but they are!!!

So, this morning, as they are eating their breakfast, Raymond tells us that he wishes they (Ray and Rob) had a twin connection. You know, where twins can communicate with their minds? (or so it happens!) Anyways, he tells us that he and his brother tried the day before to see if they could read each other's thoughts. Raymond told his bro to concentrate and to try to catch what he was thinking. So, apparently, after a few seconds or minutes of them 'concentrating', Ray asked Rob if he was getting anything. Robert says that he was getting something..yep getting something...that his brother was an idiot! I know that it's not the nicest thing to say, and we condone name calling in our house, but it was totally unexpected, and I almost choked on my coffee with laughter! Good grief! Raymond took it all in stride, and said that they do not have the twin connection---good to know!

Anyways, that's just a sampling of what happens in my household---never a dull moment, I tell you!

I was pretty busy crafting and mailing out parcels this weekend. I had made my 3D tree with DD (which was featured on CC crop--TY CC!!) ad I also finished up my gift for crafter's anon. gift exchange. First time I had ever participated---and probably the last. I liked it, but it was pretty stressful, for me anyways, of what to make for a person I did not know.
So, I ended up making this:

The person I had drawn was Becky, and she's crazy about poodles, likes pinks, purples, with a splash of turquoise. So, I made this for her dogs. I hope she likes it!

Anyways, that's done!

I have to start on my gifts for my kids----We decided this year for everyone, except the baby, to make at least 1 handmade gift for someone. We drew names, and I drew Raymond. I am making him an Ipod touch case featuring Domokun--the Japanese monster. He's cute, and it looks relatively easy. So, I'm giving it a shot. I'll post it once I'm finished! I'm also making (or trying to)  sock puppies for all 3 kids....even though my boys are bigger than me, they still have a soft spot for stuffies! :) For DD, I'm making her a little felt doll house that she can carry with her into the car, and puzzle blocks. Probably other things too, we'll see.

Until next time!

Relax. Be safe. Craft!

Laura

No comments: