Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Monday morning blahs?


Monday blahs!

Who needs them?? Not me! I think the weather  has a lot to do with our mood. If Mr. Sun is rising, and his rays are coming through the widows, our mood is more uplifted. If the weather is damp and rainy , like today, then our mood is kind of blah! Which is a shame, because in all honesty, I love this time of year. Where I live with my family is absolutely beautiful----we're surrounded by nature. I will take pictures and post them just to show you what I see everyday! I am very grateful to live where I do. But today is a slow start for the week for me.

I did get some crafting done this past weekend.

I did the weekly challenge for one of my favourite websites--Crop Chocolate. The challenge consisted of making a project using neutral color (white, black or brown) and 3 bright colors. Sounds easy, right?  Well, maybe because I was in an inspiration slump, and just couldn't grasp a great idea, but I had difficulty coming up with a project. Soooo....I went through this fab site---maybe you heard of it?? PINTEREST!! So many beautiful projects on that site! Also very addictive! Lol
But I accomplished that challenge!! Simple, but I kinda like it. I know, we are our own worst critic!


 
I also did another card challenge for another site that I like to frequent. Their blog is great---I like! Crafty Steals! The challenge appealed to me because of the cause, I think. A 2 birds with one stone, kid of challenge. The card that we make can be sent to this  organization which will then give the cards to  centers and clinics for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. And since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought this would be great! If you want to check it out, here's the address:
girlslovemail.com  I am going to make more cards to send. Here's my card, to start:




 
I also did another challenge (Yah me!!) This time, for October Afternoon. I *LOVE* this line! I think it's because of the whimsy, playful  elements of their products. Just love it! And I did this months' sketch. This is my first time submitting a project for them. I am still unsure of my LO. I feel it is missing something. Not sure. But I still like it! Lol

 
So, that's my weekend in a nutshell. Now time to go for a walk with my DD and our dog Thunder. I'm sure he'll give us a few laughs, as usual. He loves the falling leaves---he chases them, and DD cracks up, which in turn, make me laugh! It's all good!

Until next time, which won't be as long as a wait. I do have to become more consistent with this blog business!

Keep smiling!

Laura

5 comments:

by belle said...

Super cute LO!! and nice cards too!! Wow, three challenges this weekend. You got a lot done!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Love all of this. My favorite is that super cute doily card! Those itty bitty blossoms really pop!!

Lucy E. said...

Great projects! Pretty good for being in a "slump" :) I will have to check out the Crafty Steals bog.

Katherine Clayton said...

Great LOs. Pretty good for being in a "slump" as Lucy stated, too. Love your blog! Keep up the GREAT work!

Corrie said...

Great job, love that card.