Pages

Saturday 2 January 2016

Black, white and red

Happy First Saturday of a New Year!

New day, new year, 
New challenge over on the 

This week, it is:
HIMCR #232 Black & White + 1
And our sponsor this week is the ever
delightful Digital Delights!
Digital Delights by Louby Loo is your one stop shop 
for all your digital stamps, paper piecing 
and digital products which are instantly downloadable.
They also have a wide range of digital papers 
and cut files for all your crafting projects. 
Their low prices reflect our belief that crafting
 should not only be fun but affordable too!!

The giveaway is
  $5 gift certificate!

The Design team were given some images to choose
from, and I choose a cute little fella!

Then, it was deciding which colors to use.
And what medium.
oye--decisions, decisions!
I decided on watercolors--a personal favorite.
With the advice of my trusty sidekick, 
it was decided that I should use red as my other color.
So, without further adieu, 
here is my project for this week:



As you can see. I cheated a bit.
I added a tad of green.
(shhhh! don't say anytthing....!) ;)

What I love about watercolors is that I can control
the intensity of the color.
So, red can be bright, or soft, or even pink.
I used my Derwent watercolor pencils--adore them!

Papers are from Studio Calico Seven Paper-Amelia line.
The red cardstock is from Core-dinations, which
was also embossed with a WRMK embossing folder.
The loopy paper tape is from Basic Grey.
The wood button/nickel is from Jillibean Soup.
I added a bit of Stickle glitter glue to the flowers and buttons.

And there you have it folks!
I hope you can play along!
You have until next Friday to link up your projects!
Until next time, mes amies, 
Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature

1 comment:

Migdalia said...

I love the adorable image!! Super cute card!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M