Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Brush script...attempt #1


Happy Thursday!
How has your week been going?
Moi? ehh...

No comment. ;)

So, if you have been living under a rock recently, you would know about one
of the 'newest' trends in the crafty world.
 
I am talking about brush scripting.

It has intrigued me tremendously. I *think* because it reminds me of my
Primary school days, WAY back when penmanship was actually taught.
Remember those days??

I feel like penmanship is a lost art. I like my penmanship.

So, I think it was only natural for me to try this. lol

With paint. 
On a layout.
eeeekkkkk!!

lol
I used acrylic paint, thinned with a few drops of water, and a round paintbrush.

I practiced on scrap paper first. To get into the flow.

Ok--I will admit it...I was really nervous about using paint near, on my layout.

BUT!
I think it came out great!
It was really fun.
And again, I'll be honest--when I finished with the painting, I let my breathe out.
I did not realize I was holding my breathe.
lol

That's it for me.
Be safe. Get crafty.
post signature

1 comment:

Peg said...

Yep your brush script looks great, beautiful picture too