Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Some Odd Saturday

Happy Saturday! Rainy day here, so I decided to get crafty. (Much to my hubby's chagrin...pish posh, I say!lol)

I decide to get some cards done with one of my fave stamp companies....Some Odd Girl. They are so awesome....love those designs! Digital, clear and even cut files !! They have them! So, I signed up at Some Odd World, and I love the chit chat over there! Those girls are talented!

And I made some cards. I am a clear stamp gal...I have yet to dabble in digital stamping, or even cut files. So, I have a couple of clear stamps....definitely need to get more. Yep!

Here are my creations:

This little fairy is a cutie--definitely has a spot in my heart. It is also my very first SOG (Some Odd Girl) stamp, which I won on their blog.  I used October Afternoon's Witch Hazel papers, sentiment, and die cuts. The green paper is actually handmade paper. For the fairy, I used my Derwent watercolor pencils..
Same fairy, colored differently for a different season! Papers are from Fancy Pants Designs, and the white paper is again handmade paper. She is colored with my Derwent watercolor pencils. The die cut is from a snowflake die (Sizzix/Basic Grey), embossed with my trusty Cuttlebug machine. Then the snowflake was embossed with blue and clear iridescent embossing powders. The tag is an Inkadinkadoo stamp, on vellum.
This little gal is again colored with Derwent watercolors, assembled on Fancy Pants Park bench collection. The flower is fussy cut from the same papers, with a black pearl (Simon Says Stamp) and a white pearl (Basic Grey).
The same stamp as above, colored differently. This one was assembled with the SOG monthly challenge in mind. I wanted to do something differently. And I think I did. I used Jillibean Soup collection, Neapolitan Bean Bisque. I was looking at the telephones, and a song came on, Carly Rae's 'Call me maybe'....Perfect! I used my Imaginisce I-Top hole puncher thingie (excuse the proper terminology) and snipped off the side.

I based it off the sketch:
So that's it for me. If you get a chance, hop on over to Some Odd Girl, and check out Kristy's blog! She's Uber great! And then go on over to the Some Odd World...loads of fun there!

Have fun!
Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature

1 comment:

Rachel Parys said...

These are all so cute!! I love the different look of each one! Great job using the SOG sketch! Thanks for joining the challenge!