Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Friday with some cards

Happy Friday folks!

Can you believe that it is already Friday?? The time is flying by for me. It's my last weekend before I go back to work, and 2 weeks before my boys go back to school...Grade 10!! Can you believe it??

Anyhow, this week has been super duper busy for me. It's my Sis-in-law's baby shower this Sunday, and I am in charge of the decorations and bread.....me and my big mouth! That's all I have to say about that...lol. I'll post pictures of everything this weekend. I made her gift, and I must say, it came out pretty darn cool! ;)

Ok--down to business. Friday means Unity's Friends with Flair!! I did not enter last week, and let me say, it threw me off! Literally! ;)

I mad a couple of cards with my ever growing stash of Unity stamps...I blame it all on Angie, with her darn sales! lol Gotta love them!

One of my faves is the butterfly. I am not sure which kit it is from, or if it's an itty bitty, I received it in a grab bag, and I am ever happy I did! LOVE this stamp!

 I used 2 stamps on this card, both from grab bags. Stamped with various inks, and the paper is from Studio Calico. Of course, what I pictured in my mind did not progress onto paper...gotta work on that. I, then, heat embossed with iridescent embossing powder, added a little bling bling from MME, and Voila!, mes amie(s). A thank you card for one of my friends.

This next card features a stamp that I knew I had to have when it came out. Sock monkey! I ***LOVE*** sock monkeys! My son bought me one for my birthday 2 years ago, and I **LOVE** it! Did I mention that I love it?? ;)

This little guy was stamped with Hero Arts Shadow ink, colored with Bic marker (red). Patterned papers are from Simple Stories, with a Jillibean Card base, and a Jillibean 'thank you' wooden flag. First time using the wooden flag, and boy! was that fun!

My final card belongs to my hubby---we 'celebrated' our 20th Anniversary together. I say celebrated in quotations because it's a debate between us...I say it's 20; he says 21. I'm right; he's wrong. But he is very stubborn, as am I, so we just say what we say. I say 20, he says 21.lol Yep, a little wacky, but hey! it works for us. lol
And can I just say, making Anniversary cards is not that easy, especially when it's for your spouse?? Go figure!

I pulled out my Cuttlebug for this baby. I don't use that machine quite as often as I should, I really should use it more. Sizzix embossing folders used on Bazzill papers, and the heart is dusted with gold powder, which you can't really tell by the picture, and I used my white pen. Can you believe that I do not have a 'For you' stamp?? Gotta remedy that!

So that's it for me for today--still have lots of prepping for the baby shower. Sigh!

Be safe. Get crafty.


post signature



20 comments:

Kris said...

Really adorable cards Laura.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Great cards, Laura! Love them all!

Cynthia said...

All three cards are lovely, Laura. I especially like your glittery butterfly.

Ruby said...

Very nice set of cards.

Meredith said...

I hear you about making anniversary cards...I actually have a good stash of them already made...of the ones I make and remake trying to get the 'right' one for dh! Your cards are great, thanks for sharing!

Kary said...

Lovely set of cards, Laura!! I know what you mean, I have more stamps than I have time to ink them up :)

Kris B said...

All your cards are great! I love Sock Monkeys too!!

Julie Odil said...

A great trio of cards, Laura. I love the butterflies on the first one. I think the large one is the same one I used on my card. I also really like the anniversary card with the embossing, and you gotta love sock monkeys. What year does your marriage cert say on it? That ought to solve the argument?

Angeline Choo said...

gorgeous butterfly with glitter!! I need to get my butterfly stamp out again.. :)

Linda said...

your butterfly card is to die for I love it.

SherylK said...

Happy Anniversary. 20....21....The wife is always right! LOL. And I LOVE that Sock Monkey too. Where is it from? Love all the cards!!

Donna Mack said...

Great cards, Laura!!! That sock monkey brings back so many fond memories! My grandma made me one as a child!

ddazzled71 said...

Beautiful cards Laura, I love butterflies and Unity have so many wonderful butterflies to choose from, your card using them is just gorgeous.

Miwa said...

Wonderful cards, Laura! And congratulations on your 20th anniversary, that's fantastic! At least your husband's count is close to yours! :)

Michelle said...

Lovely cards! Happy anniversary!

Gaylynn said...

Happy Anniversary Laura. Nice stamping here. :)

jennifer mitten said...

Great cards- love the butterflies!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your cards are terrific Laura. I hope your anniversary was a lovely one!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute cards!

Meihsia Liu said...

All these cards are so cute!! :)