Pages

Saturday 16 May 2015

Button up, Sunshine!

Happy Saturday to you!
Thanks for dropping by!

There is a new challenge over on the 

 HIMCR #199 - Button Up
Use buttons on your projects!

This week's sponsor is

The Design Team were given some
uber cute images to play with.
It was really difficult to choose--really it was!

Here is my first project:


I used my Prismacolor pencils to color this lovely watering pan
 and sunflowers.
The papers are from Making Memories Chloe's Closet. 
(love that collection!)(and yes, I hoard it!)
The buttons are from Jesse James Buttons.
I had cut the button insert thing
 (sorry for the lack of proper terminology!! lol)
with my wire cutters, and then used a pop dot to secure 
the sunflower buttons onto my card.

I did not want to stop just there.

Here is my next card:
We had received one owl with a variety of sentiments.
When I saw the owl, I immediately knew what i wanted to do.
Of course, me being not-so-techno-savvy
had to figure out some things with my photo editing program.
And I did.
I flipped the owl image !! 
woohoo for me!!! lol (hey, it's a big deal for me!!)
Again, colored with Prismacolor pencils.
 The hearts in the background are inked with Distress Inks.
The branch is cute from my Cricut machine, winter wonderland cartridge.
The buttons (chipboard) are from MME.

My final project is not really mine alone.
My sidekick fell in love with the next set of images, cutie pies.
She 'guided' me into what to use, and not what to us. lol
(ever taken advice from a 5 year old?? lol)
I inked up the background lightly with some Distress Ink--Salty Ocean.
She helped me color the cuties--she is actually pretty darn good at coloring!!
I then cut them out.
 (let me tell you, there was a little drama--she wanted to use my scissors.
 Isn't happening, kiddo!! lol)
She then picked out the flower buttons from my jar of 
Jesse James buttons.
Snipped off the backing, and popped dot it 
(is that an actual term?)
Added some stickers from Echo Park, 
et le voila!

Still with me??
Phew!
Thanks for staying with me!
Can't wait to see what you will create!

Be safe. Get crafty
post signature

2 comments:

Leah said...

Such beautiful cards! So fun to have a crafty partner!

Migdalia said...

I love the pretty buttons! Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M