Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

New technique


Happy Sunday!
It's Daylight Savings time---have you 'sprung' your clocks ahead??

Right now, I am watching the sun come up, and I hear the birds twirping.
Yesterday, I actually saw geese!
Yes, GEESE!
Is SPRING coming?????
I sure do hope so!

It has been a busy week for me....I did not get a chance to do many crafts.
However.
I did make a card for my dear sweet MIL, whose birthday was this Tuesday past.
We are celebrating with her today.
One of the things I told myself at the beginning was that
I wanted to learn new techniques---either for cards or scrapbooks or mixed media.

This week, I learned a new card tecnique.
When I first saw these pop up on Pinterest, I thought they were so amazing!!
Pop up/Exploding box card.

So, with that idea in mind, I went and searched for a tutorial .
Found one on Splitcoaststampers.com, found here.

Was it easy? Relatively easy. I think it would ave been more easy for me had I had a
Scor-pal. That is on my wish list. But it is very do-able without a Scor-Pal.
I had a few 'grr' moments, with my son snickering at me because I was fighting with the paper.
Ha! I conquered that fight! lol
So, without further adieu, I present my card for my MIL.


I used Fancy Pants Design Love Story  papers, with 
Tim Holtz Distress cardstock as the base. 
The flowers and other elements are from various companies:
Crate Paper, Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins, Amy Tangerine.
The ribbon is from 3 Girl Jam. It was a gift from a friend (Thank you Julie!)
and my first time using it. the colors fit perfectly with the papers, and I especially
like how easy it was to maneuver. 
My daughter helped me with the choosing of the elements. 
It was fun for her to pick and choose
some things---and wow, I was impressed with what she chose! 
She has a flair for design,
it seems, and she's only 4! Proud Mom moment! :)

So, that's it for me for now.
Fingers are crossed that I get a chance to do some crafting today.
I am entering this birthday card for the following challenge:
Scrap It Girl! March Challenge--Birthdays

Have a great day.
Be safe. Get crafty.

post signature


11 comments:

Jessica said...

Gorgeous!! I absolutely love the colors and everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous. Love the colors and details. Awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

Shona said...

OMG! That is SPECTACULAR! It must have taken ages to do, I don't think I would be brave enough to even try, and if I did, it would never be that awesome!!

Heidi said...

wow what gorgeous work, and so special, thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl

Katy said...

This is soooo awesome! Beautiful colors and I love the flowers! I want to make one of these box cards-it's on my list! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

Candy Spiegel said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!...this is over the top gorgeous!!!...you did a wonderful job...I am sure your MIL will loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it!..thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!

kellystar said...

I have to try this because yours is adorable...thanks for taking the March Birthday Challenge at Scrap It Girl!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Laura this is absolutely STUNNING!! I've been wanting to try one too...now I'm inspired!! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Scrap It Girl!

Amanda said...

Sooo pretty! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

Samantha A. said...

This is just beautiful! What a wonderful job, and I'm sure your mother in law loved it. Thanks for entering our DT call!

-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner