Pages

Thursday 9 January 2014

My little word....

Hiya folks!
How is the weather in your neck of the woods? For us, it has been bitterly cold, and I mean BITTERLY cold. The temps had dropped in the minus 30's, and the wind is just insane! Lots of snow, which has tapered off for now. I am a Canadian, and am used to harsh winters, but this has to be one of the coldest winters I have ever experienced in my life!. So, please stay warm!

Besides the weather, and me still being under the weather, I hope 2014 has gotten off to a good start for you.

Any resolutions? goals? Little words??? :)

For myself, I have a word. A word that I must remember this year. ACCEPT. So many things. I feel after the year 2013, this word is perfect for me. 

Over on the S.W.A.T blog, there is a challenge, drill #23, word for 2014. To create a project to showcase your word. Challenge accepted, challenge accomplished.

For my layout, I just went with it.....no per-determined steps or embellies or papers....just 'went' with it. I have journalling on my layout, but it is personal, so I combined a couple of MME journal, and made a 'folder', held together by a round clip.
Just a modge podge of various elements. I used Distress cardstock for the base, used Distress paints, and gelatos for the edging, MME Sweetest Thing Tangerine papers,  MME journal cards and elements, various letter stickers from Authentique, Kelly Purkey, and Studio Calico. Maya Road love heart, and various elements from Cosmo Cricket, Teresa Collins, American Crafts, and Creative Imaginations, and that awesome arrow is from UmWow Studio. The stamps are from Autumn Leaves, a license plate stamp set..never used before.

I am linking this up to the challenge over on the SWAT blog:


S.W.A.T Drill #23 One WORD for 2014


So, that's it for me for now. I am hoping to post again really soon. And I am thinking of doing a giveaway. Imagine that?? Who doesn't love receiving a happy package in the mail??

Be safe. (and warm) Get crafty.
post signature


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your one word and your layout is great- thanks for joining us at SWAT! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful project and great word for 2014! Thanks for playing along w/SWAT drill #23!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Cool page and awesome word! Love all the layers. Thanks for playing along at SWAT.

by belle said...

Laura! Love the word you picked for 2014! Thanks for linking up over at SWAT!

Marlena M. said...

mmmm, yes, that word would describe most of my 2013 year too! Beautiful journaling and layout Laura!

Lanette said...

Great Word for 2014!! And a stunning project!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at S.W.A.T!

Beeceecreativity said...

great page, fab design, thanks for playing along with us at SWAT

Charity said...

Love your word, accept. It offers so many solutions. Thanks for linking up with SWAT

Unknown said...

This is lovely, and the word accept is a powerful way to spend 2014! Thanks for sharing with us at SWAT!

Lynn said...

Great layout! My OLW last year was Accept also. This year it's Surrender!

Claude said...

Great word, and what a wonderful layout! Thanks for playing with us at SWAT!

Deborah Johnson said...

Wonderful project - love your 2014 word: Accept - Thanks for joining us at SWAT!

Deborah Johnson said...

Wonderful project - love your 2014 word: Accept - Thanks for joining us at SWAT!