Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Taking the plunge...

Hi y'all!

How is it springing up in your neighborhood??

Sunshine and beautiful weather in my part of this world.

Well, since my last post, I have felt like a piece of my heart has been ripped out. My favorite online scrapbook site, Crop Chocolate, is closing their doors on the retail aspect of their business.  When I read their announcement on Sunday, I felt like my whole scrapbook world falling apart! I was stunned. Very sad moment/day/week for me. I have grown so much as a crafter from being part of that wonderful site, and made some fantastic friends.

One of the things that I am most distressed about is that I will never know what it is like to be on their DT. Especially when I had actually submitted 2 entries for their DT#4. Imagine that! Me! Trying out for a team!!! But, in retrospect, I am glad I tried, as it was a HUGE plunge for me.

Here is one of my submissions:

It's a 'She-Art' inspired piece for my DD's room. She loves it. I do too, and it was super fun (but tedious!) to do. Maybe I'll attempt an Instructagram on making one of these bad-girls! lol

So, was my attempt of trying out for the CC DT in vain? Maybe. But I never wold have had the confidence, or the guts, to try out without the encouragement of the CCers, to take that plunge. They are awesome!

So, that's all I have for now.

Be safe. Get crafty!

Laura


 

1 comment:

D said...

This is such a gorgeous piece of art!!!! I'm so sorry your favorite place closed :( Take this opportunity to look around at new scrapbook communities. Maybe you'll find one that you love more...